“If I were to imagine only one thing today, it would be love.”
Imagine Love Exercise
1. Find a quiet place where you can sit comfortably and not be disturbed. Close your eyes and relax.
2. Imagine you are standing in front of someone you love with all your heart.
3. Now imagine you have the ability to express your love by giving them a gift, something they have always wanted. *
4. Imagine what you would love to give them. *
5. Choose how you would love to give them that gift. *
6. Give your gift exactly the way you imagined giving it. *
7. When you feel your giving is complete, focus once again on your breathing, gently opening your eyes when you are ready.
*Take your time with this step. You’re only limited by your imagination. The more you do this exercise the more loving and fun it will become.
Imagine Self-Love Exercise
After you feel you have mastered the Imagine Love Exercise, modify the exercise by replacing “someone you love with all your heart” in step 2 with “yourself.” Follow the remaining steps with you as the giver and receiver of your loving gift.
In essence, you are imagining yourself loving yourself with all your heart while giving yourself something you have always wanted.
Copyright 2008 Rob Gruber Present Life Mastery Coach