An Alchemist, in ancient times, was a philosopher and metaphysical chemist that sought to transform common metals into gold or create the elusive elixir of life.
While I have yet to transmute any common metals into actual gold or brew the elixir of life, I do consider myself a modern day alchemist and am becoming quite competent in transforming my world.
Here’s a simplified version of The Principles of Modern Day Alchemy.
1. Every thing in the universe contains its opposite, e.g., light and dark or love and hate.
2. The essence of Everything is contained in every Thing, as the poet Blake described seeing “a world in a grain of sand.”
3. You have the ability to choose what you wish to focus on.
4. What you choose to focus on, in your mind, will expand.
5. Once your level of internal focus reaches a critical mass, you will begin to look for and see evidence of it in your outer world.
6. Knowing every thing contains the essence of everything, you will now be able to see that which you are looking for in that which you are looking at.
“The modern day alchemist does not change anything into gold, but rather, sees the gold which is contained in all things.” – gruberism
May you harness these principles to transform your life!
Copyright 2007 Rob Gruber Life Coach