What do Einstein, Gandhi and Jesus have in common? They all understood the power of present moment cause and effect.
“Ask, and you shall receive, seek and you shall find,
knock and the door shall be opened unto you.” – Jesus
What a powerful way to live life! Ask, seek and knock and know you shall receive, find, and have.
Here are my humble impressions of the principles within this profound statement.
Embrace the Knowing
Jesus didn’t say, “hope you shall receive.” He said “shall.” There’s a knowing there, a certainty. Embrace that knowing.
Stay Present/See the Signs
Asking, seeking, knocking, receiving, finding, and doors opening are all present moment activities. Nothing happens outside the present. Stay present to see the signs that lead to what you are asking for.
Take Action/Be the Cause
Einstein said, “Nothing happens until something moves.” You must take action and ask, seek, and knock.
Allow the Effect/”Be the Change”
Karma, cause and effect, is at the heart of all of this.
What you cause effects change. Allow the effect. I love the quote from Gandhi – “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
Here’s a fun weekly exercise:
1. Write down a short list of things you wish to ask, seek, and knock for during the week. On the top of the piece of paper, write down “I intend to ask, seek and knock for the following things.” Be creative. Have fun. The bigger the better.
2. Carry this list with you and refer to it often.
3. Make a note of your progress toward receiving, find and experiencing the things on your list. Some may take time, maybe years to accomplish, but the process begins by asking.
4. Know. Stay Present. Take Action. Allow.
5. Repeat this process weekly.
You are not limited to simply asking, seeking and knocking. Any present moment action will do. Speak and you shall be heard. Listen and you will hear. Love and you shall be love. Laugh and you shall feel joy. Forgive and you will be peace.
Copyright 2007 Rob Gruber iwishicouldtellyou.com i wish i could tell you