I’m sure you’ve heard the old saying about “the last straw.” You know, “the straw that broke the camel’s back.”
“But have you ever wondered how a single straw could ever break a camel’s back?” I have, and I’ve come to the obvious conclusion that it can’t. It’s not the straw but the accumulation of straws that breaks the camel’s back.
And what’s a straw as it applies to YOU? A thought.
Here’s how the “the last straw effect” works.
1) You create your thoughts.
2) You then hold on to them.
4) The accumulation of your negative thoughts produce a negative feeling that builds until you can’t stand it anymore and you break.
BUT MIND YOU, It’s not the last straw that broke (you) the camel’s back, it’s your inability to let go of all your past straws that did.
Here’s how to end the “the last straw effect.”
1) CREATE a new thought in this present moment.
2) Experience this single thought fully.
3) Now, LET GO of this thought.
4) Return to step one.
Copyright 2007 Rob Gruber iwishicouldtellyou.com i wish i could tell you